Tuesday 6 October 2009

DANCE DAY AT ENDON HIGH SCHOOL

I went to observe a creative day of dance at my previous high school last week before I commenced my own extra curricular classes there. The lady who taught the sessions was part of a group called "Afrocats" (www.afrocats.50seven.co.uk if any one is interested). The theme for the day was a multi cultural day of "Around the World" and she taught an African dance session, a carribbean dance session and a hip hop dance session. I thought this was a nice idea and the pupils (year 7) really seemed to enjoy it, especially the boys suprisingly! She discussed with them the big carnivals such as the Rio de Janiero carnival and taught a routine inspired by this. I have not come accross such dance troupes before and found it quite interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment