Thursday 29 October 2009

PEOPLE I ADMIRE- Kirsty Voltz

I first met Kirsty during my training at Tring Park. She started the course a term late and so was automatically the "new girl". Despite getting off on a bad footing with each other, by the time I left the school with my Certificate in July of this year, I knew I had found one of those unbreakable lifelong bonds.

Kirsty's journey through her training at Tring Park was never easy, firstly having started late and missed all of the first terms going-back-to-basics and thrashing out of old bad habits. But also I got closer to Kirsty and our friendship began to develop, I became aware of her history of eating problems. This all came to a head in the summer of upper sixth when the girl whom which she lived with decided to inform the school just how serious the problem had gotten.

In mine, and many others' opinions, the matter was dealt with entirely the wrong way by the school and it became common knowledge to everyone that she was "the bullimic girl". She was pulled out of classes and into the principals office and as a consequence of all this, she shut herself off from everyone. Everyone except me.

Kirsty is now in her third and final year of training at Tring Park and currently auditioning for jobs. Its not been an easy road for her for various reasons but no matter how bad things ever get or how low she ever feels, Kirsty always provides a positive outlook. Even when the moral all around her has hit rock bottom she comes up fighting bringing everyone with her.

Kirsty has been a fellow student and is a lifelong friend for me and in my opinion her positivity and her determination are truly inspirational. She is a lesson that to me that every cloud has a silver lining and no matter how bad things sometimes may seem there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

No comments:

Post a Comment